Friday, June 11, 2010

Always Looking For New Toys

June 11, 2010
*
What a simply gorgeous day it is today. I'm a bit late with my post because I had to go out to do some errands and enjoy some of this beautiful weather. I have been procrastinating all week long about going out to do errands, but today I finally did it. About the only thing I forgot to pick up was the carton of birdie snacks. But then, what a great reason to go out again tomorrow.

We have some new birds here at our feeders. The red-bellied woodpeckers and baby European starlings. ( I think that's they are. I'm looking them up in my books.) We also have the little downy woodpeckers and a whole assortment of beautiful birds. Of course, that also means that every now and then, they use our cars for potty spots. But a little water takes care of that!

I also want to go through my flower catalogues to see if I can find some pretty poppies to plant. Kyra has the prettiest pink poppies in her garden, and now I am a tad bit jealous. Poppies are just so beautiful.

Today, I have two lovely photos to share with you. One taken by my daughter in law, Janet. She is becoming quite good with her camera. These Canterbury Bells are just gorgeous.






*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
The next photo is from my friend Mary Ann. She just got a great new Canon, and was trying it out on this beautiful white peony. What a great shot!!
I'm also looking around at a lot of small point and shoot cameras. I want one to carry in my purse so that I don't lose a lot of great shots. My Canon is a bit big to carry around all the time. Although I usually do have it with me, it's not always possible to get it out quick enough to get the shot. Plus, the point and shoot is a lot lighter to carry and fits right in my purse or pocket.
*
I know, I know, I'm a greedy little kid. But I'm at that age that I feel it's okay to be a little greedy about some things. I don't buy a lot of make up and clothes and such, instead I spend money on my hobbies. My computer and my camera. As for my clothes, I probably look like a ragamuffin, but when it comes to my camera it's top drawer all the way.
*
At the store today, I found me some monitor wipes. I never knew they had such a product, but it is really a godsend. For some reason, the computer monitors, television screens and camera viewers always seem to pick up dirt and fingerprints. I usually just use a soft unscented, unlotioned tissue to wipe them so that I don't ruin them. Now I can really clean them with these wipes.
*
That's about all my news for today. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a funtabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: