Saturday, May 8, 2010

Weather, Weather, Everywhere!

May 7, 2010
*
Oh my, it looks like lots of rain coming. The thunder has been making lots of noise, and I can hear the rain drops hitting the awning over my window. Tootsie and I got up rather early, and I've been sitting here doing a bit of designing. I'm even on my second cup of coffee!!

Whoops!! Now there was a really loud boom of the thunder, and my poor little Tootsie's head popped right up. A pat on the head and a little cuddling, and she's alright.
You'll never guess what my little girl did! She bought me a Mother's Day card, and had a friend in Virginia mail it to me. Isn't she just the sweetest? Thank you Ellen, for mailing it for her. You are a good friend. Here's a picture of my card.






The photo I have to share this morning is one I took while in Florida back in March. My friends and I were out taking photos of birds, and we realized that the bridge and its shadows made a very interesting picture. The lines and colors are quite pleasing. You lose a bit of the beauty by cropping the photo smaller, but it's the only way to get it to fit here.
*
I got the nicest compliment yesterday from my friend Mary Ann. She is a professional, and she told me that my photos were excellent. To me, that is quite a WOW! Thank you so much my friend. That makes me keep trying harder to take better photos.
*
Gosh, I'm watching the weather channel on TV, and the weather in other parts of the country doesn't look so good. My friends in Wisconsin are having quite a snow storm. You heard me right. They had 80 degree temperatures the other day, and today it is snowing up a storm. At the same time, Jackson, Mississippi is having hail and lightning, and I mean really BIG hailstorms.
*
You know, folks can say all they want that we have not hurt our Eco system, but our weather patterns and our seasons have been changing drastically over the years. When I was a little girl, we had four distinct seasons and now it's more like two seasons. Summer and Winter, with a sprinkle of Spring and Fall in between the two seasons.
*
Enough of the weather, it's time to start my laundry so I have clean clothes for work tonight. Don't forget tomorrow is Mother's Day. Plan something nice for Mom or someone else you love.
Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

I like the unusual flowers !! Never seen anything like them ,lol,-that card from Tootsie is brilliant ! Talking "MOTHER"- Me is buzzzing !!!.... after a message I just got re.Shaun (see extra post on blog)
Happy Mothers Day and "whooof" to Tootsie
Hugs Snowy