Sunday, May 30, 2010

More Of Nature's Beauties To Share

May 30, 2010
*
It's just gorgeous outside this morning, so I guess we are in for a fantabulous day here in my little part of New England. Too bad I have to sleep part of it away. Ah, but that's how it is with us working gals who keep things going all through the night. I'll still get to enjoy part of today, and then it's back to work tonight to do a 20 hour shift. After that, I'm off till next weekend.

I haven't been doing much designing these last couple of days. Mostly, I just caught up on some of my emails and blog reading, and chatted with a few friends. Plus I did a few jigsaw puzzles on my laptop. For those of you who enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles, check out the E-games site. Just google it for the site address. They are called Puzzle Master. I'm not crazy about the puzzles that come with it, but I use a lot of my own photos and graphics to make new puzzles. There are free pictures all over the web that you can use to make new puzzles.

Remember the pink peonies that I mentioned were outside the kitchen window at work? Well, Friday I took some photos of them to share, and it's a good thing I did. Yesterday's thunder showers battered them quite a bit. Here's a photo of how gorgeous they were.






















Also in that little garden outside the window is one really beautiful iris. It was growing next to a bush, but now the bush has grown larger and has almost swallowed up the iris. This blossom starts out as a rich deep chocolate brown, and then changes over to the purplish maroon color shown here.





















While I'm sitting here typing, Tootsie is sitting beside me, and giving my arm a nudge every couple of minutes to let me know that she is being neglected. Pushy little thing, but I love her. When I get home from work in the morning, she dances all around till I pick her up and give her hugs and kisses. Is she spoiled? You betcha!!
*
Well, I think I'll enjoy my coffee and play a bit with Tootsie. Pretty soon it will be nap time for Bonzo here. Want a freebie? Okay, you talked me into it. If you've wondered why a lot of my QP's are rather plain, it's so that you can add your own personalization to them. I hope you like this one. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"QP - 030"

No comments: