Monday, April 12, 2010

The Flowering Trees Are Just Gorgeous!

April 12, 2010

This morning we are enjoying beautiful Spring weather. Everywhere you go things look so pretty. There are flowers blooming and leaves sprouting on all the trees. I know I've said it before, but this really is the best season.

I've been trying out the latest rental lens, and I'm finding it works best when it is on a tripod. That's not always the handiest though. I don't usually carry a tripod around with me. This week, though, I am going to the park to try out my window mount. I shall call my daughter in law to see which days she is free to go with me.

I do have some photos to share today that I took a few days ago of a gorgeous flowering tree. We have so many different kinds of pink, red and white flowering trees that I do not know the names of all of them. However, one does not need to know the name of a tree to enjoy it's spectacular beauty.























Close up of the above tree.






















And a close up of another one.







There's not a lot of news to post today. My son did get home safely. That's always my main concern when one of my children is traveling. Today I will make arrangements to have some blood work taken, and then I can zero in on playing a bit on my laptop. Lately, I have gotten away from designing. Must be because of this beautiful weather. My mind says it would rather be outdoors.
*
I'm also looking forward to a "Journaling Camp" that Nani will be starting on May 4, with a pre-camp meeting on April 27. If you enjoy using journaling on your scrap layouts, or if you're like me and could use a bit of help in this area, check out her blog for more information. The classes will run for five weeks, and sound like lots of fun along with the learning. http://chroniclesofnani.blogspot.com/.
*
Now I'm off to start my day. I'll post your April download for Day 12. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"Day 12"














4 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Apr. 12, 2010. Thanks again.

smiekeltje said...

Beautiful tree!
Seems Magickal Scraps is ok again. Hope so. I'll just wait a bit, though. Poor Snowy, having all that trouble.
Glad for a moment hospital stuff is over , well, till the 28th.
Enjoy the good weather, it can easily change again! Today it looks fine outside, but when I got out, it wasn't that agreable, rather coldish! We need to have south or south east winds, that's normally lots better.
Have a wonderful day
Hugs

Snowy said...

Wow - that tree and the close-ups are spectacular ! I took pictures on my walk yeasterday and put a couple on my blog , but they don't compare to yours,lol !!!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [12 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria