Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

April 14, 2010

Gosh, I'm watching the weather channel on TV, and it say's that our area is having a frost effect. Now what is that? The temperature is 50 degrees, and is supposed to hit about 67 degrees later today. The next four days will only be in the 40's and 50's. I know this is normal weather for this time of year, but I like it a few degrees warmer.

I have heard no reports of nocturnal visitors this morning, so maybe that cement block on the garbage barrel did the trick. I hate to see the animals go hungry, but I would rather see them eat somewhere other than on my front porch.

Last night, I was cleaning a few nick nacks, and thought I would share photos of one little tiny vase. I bought this more than twenty years ago in a little antique shop on Cape Cod. My hubby just couldn't imagine why I wanted it, but it spoke to me. Normally, I don't collect antiques, but there was just something charming about this little green vase. (It's only about 3 1/2 inches tall.) Have a lookee.
I didn't pay very much for my little vase, so it's not very valuable. But that just goes to show that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I think it's just adorable. I also took photos of some of my dolls, but I will save them for another day.
*
Today I need to do some food shopping. It's time to replentish Tootsie's food supply and pick up some lunch meats. Who knows? I might even make it to the post office to mail a little box that has been sitting here for three weeks waiting to be mailed. (I am so bad sometimes!!!)
*
I'll post your April Day 14 download, then I must get started on my errands. My foot is feeling much better now so the exercise will be good for me. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
April Day 14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list