Friday, March 19, 2010

Oops! I've Lost My Lens Cap!

March 19, 2010

The sun is shining, and the weatherman says it is supposed to be nice all weekend. And guess what??? Yup Yup Yup! SPRING starts tomorrow!!! At the moment, I am watching the weather channel on TV, and it is showing the snow falling in Denver. Oh my!!

Remember my little squirrel story? Well in all fairness, I should tell you my lens cap story too. When we boarded the Safari truck in Animal Kingdom, I got my camera ready to shoot some photos. I put my lens cap in my purse, and held on tight to my camera. When the trek was over and we were getting ready to leave the truck, I could not find my lens cap.

We searched everywhere, turned my purse inside out, checked every nook and cranny on the truck where I was seated, and even the attendant checked. My lens cap was not to be found anywhere. Oh well, at least I had an extra one at home. Later, I reached into my pants pocket for something, and oh oh!! Guess what I found? Yup! My lens cap was hiding safely in my pocket. DUH!!!

Now for an update on the storm damages. To start with the insurance company called to say that nothing was covered. So what else is new? Then yesterday the furnace guy came and replaced everything inside the furnace - motor, wires, etc. While he was doing that, I went out and bought a new water heater which will be delivered and installed later today.

I also bought a couple hundred pounds of kitty litter, which Moo spread all over the cellar floor to sop up a lot of the left over water. Turns out it was not enough, so he has just left to go buy some more kitty litter. Then to top it all off, the insurance adjuster called me this morning to say that he would be out Monday morning to assess the damages. What for??

Soon, we will be getting a dumpster. Everything that was in the cellar has to be thrown out. I feel bad because all of Moo's record collection was down there, along with lots of other things. We sure don't want to see any more rain storms like this one for quite some time.

How about a couple of photos before I leave to get dressed? I wasn't able to get any good photos of the tigers or the meerkats, but I'll share what I did get. They're not great, as they were taken at a bit of a distance, but I'm glad to have them.

Now I really must get going here and get some stuff done. I did manage to finish washing the dishes. I heat a big pan of water on the stove and I'm good to go. It's sort of like camping out, only we do it indoors!! Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Nani said...

Oh Edna, I’m so sorry about everything you lost in the basement! David had a pretty big record collection that took on a lot of water in 2005 when his basement flooded. That was the night we found Kaline at 1 in the morning after cleaning in the basement all evening and night, we were going back to my home in Michigan. I just wanted to get him away from the mess that was really depressing him. I’m glad we did – Kaline needed us to get gas in Michigan that night! David’s glum feelings about the house went away quickly with our little girl there too. You can’t stay depressed when there is a kitten or puppy in your arms! We don’t leave anything on the floor now. We still get water in if we get heavy rain before the snow is melted, like you did this year! But you’re right. You were a lot luckier than others were. I’m just a little selfish in worrying about MY friends first!

I chuckled about the lens cap story! That could be a Nani story! LOL

Oh and that black bird, I did a little searching and I can’t identify it either. You’ll
post it when you do, right?? :)