Thursday, February 18, 2010

This Boot Was Made For Walking!

February 18, 2010

It's looking a bit windy and cold outside my window. There's even a bit of sun trying to shine through. But I am staying indoors today. I have this "marvelous" new boot cast to try to get acquainted with.

Yesterday, when the doctor put it on my foot, I tried walking a bit with it, and it actually felt pretty good. So I thanked him, and Janet (daughter in law) and I went home, where I promptly took off the boot and got comfy on my sofa.

All was well in my little world, knowing that I would soon be getting around quite well. But when it was time to put the new boot back on, Oh Boy!!! I struggled with it, but I could not get it on without help. The beauty of my new boot cast has just lost it's glow. Here's a picture of my new boot.

Now that I'm seeing it on paper, it doesn't look so pretty. Actually, it's quite homely. There'll be no tip toeing through the tulips wearing this contraption. It will be more like stomping down the birdie trail!! Ah well, it's time for me to stop my whining and practice putting it on by myself.
*
It's time to get Tootsie's meds now, and maybe have another cup of coffee. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Nani said...

It looks like a bulky boot. My "railfanning boots" are bulky. I hate walking in them but they keep my feet warm. But I think, as long as the boot helps support your foot and helps you heal, that's what’s important. As far as getting them on your foot – practice, practice, practice!

Rest and repair, Edna!