Friday, February 26, 2010

An Early Morning Willie Nelson Concert

February 26, 2010

It's 5 o'clock in the morning, and Tootsie and I have been up for a couple of hours. This is crazy! I definitely have to get back to a regular sleeping schedule. Too many daytime and evening naps is okay if you don't work or have no where to go, but it's time to get back on schedule. I expect to be back to work in a few weeks. I'm on my feet for hours at my job, so I want to be healed before I go back.

The good thing about being awake so early is that I got to watch some fantastic snow boarding on TV of the winter games. Those young people were just fantastic. Right now, I'm watching a special on PBS featuring Willie Nelson singing. This man is a country music icon. Here are a few shots I got off the television. The last picture shows that long reddish blonde braid of his that hangs below his waist. Wow!!

Willie Sings "Dream Of Me"




Willie sings "Drinking Champagne"
Willie's Long Braid
I confess these are not the greatest photos, but it's fun taking them. His show is over now and Clifford The Big Red Dog is on TV, and no, I won't be taking photos of Clifford!!
*
Today, I have a few errands to do, stock up on doggie food, mail parcels at post office, pick up meds, etc. When I get home, it will be time to do some serious packing. I have some things ready, but I need t0 get it to the "almost done" point. I also have to set out Tootsie's meds for two weeks to make it easier for Moo.
*
Daylight is peeking over the trees now, and I am off to have a cup of coffee. Y'all have a fantabulous day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh my, you do have a frightning schedule at the moment! But you are right too that it is fun sometimes to be up this early, you seem to have so much more day ahead LOL! But better to go back to a normalised schedule soon. But.........fist you have your vacation trip. I hope you can enjoy it to the full, wihth nice weather and great photoshoots!!! Just take care of your foot, do not try to do more than is possible, because it will not help the healing. Okay, I know, you know it yourself too, but just had to say it. We girls of a little bit of age have to take double care of ourselves! LOL
Have a splendid weekend and a fantabulous vacation! Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

5 am is even early for me! I'm usually up at 7, which is pretty amazing for someone who used to be a night owl! 5am was wake-up timer when I first moved to Ohio and was still working in Michigan – I hated it!

We have the snow right now. Would you like me to push it that way so they can get it cleaned, or try to hold it back. I'd prefer to send it on its way, but I'd hold it here for a couple days to make sure all is okay for your trip, really, I would! :)