Sunday, January 3, 2010

We're Having A White-Out!

January 3, 2010

Oh boy!!! The white stuff is still falling, and even though the plow came through last night, it looks like we got another six inches or so. And no, it has not stopped yet. Almost all the dwarfs went outside with Moo this morning to shovel it all up. You know, it's nice to see them all get together to help each other. That's just another thing I am thankful for. We have a pretty nice group here.

I am on day three of my "Photo A Day" project. So far, they all look pretty much the same. Snow, snow and more snow. Somehow I think tomorrow's photos will be looking much the same too. Here are a few that I took this morning.

This is the view from outside my door.
Here are a couple of photos showing Moo and some of the dwarfs shoveling up the snow. You can see that the snow is still falling.
Now they are all back in the house having a nice hot cup of coffee. Our house sounds good this morning. Lots of chatter and laughter. Even Howie seems to be behaving fairly well. (Shhh, I hope he didn't hear me say that!) Soon they will all be reading their favorite parts of the Sunday newspaper that I just took out to them.
*
Today's paper had an article about town meetings, and how they are fading away into the sunset. Our town held it's last town meeting this past December 16 with a ceremonial session, with people in full costume depicting our first town meeting 216 years ago.
*
Sad to say, but progress seems to come at a costly price. We have to give up so much in order to move forward. Must be me, I don't really understand it all. Here is a copy of the photo that was in the paper showing the reenactment meeting last month.
*
I stopped by Snowy's blog this morning, only to find her getting ready to rip someone's hair out. Either that, or maybe turn someone into a rather homely frog, warts and all. Way to go girl!!!!
*
And guess what else? Tomorrow is her birthday. So don't forget to stop by and wish her a Happy Birthday! Just click on her link here, and it will take you right over to her place. http://silversnowyraven.blogspot.com/.
*
Tonight is a working night. Ugh!! I just want to curl up in my bed where it is warm until this cold and stuffy nose is gone. Ah well, there's no rest for the weary. Tonight, I shall see about working on a freebie for you. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

lol , you just had announce my 24th birthday,didn't you?? Nice to hear that you had a nice atmosphere and chatter in the house-despite ..... you know ,lol.Hmmm- how are the bets standing now Rofl ???