Monday, January 25, 2010

Only 54 Days Till Spring

January 25, 2010

Ah, what a lovely wet, but warmer, morning today. It's been raining and drizzling all morning, and the weather forecast is for rain all day. We are expecting some heavy downpours with heavy winds sometime during the day. Oh goodie!! On my way home from work this morning, the sky was full of soft gray clouds. Here's a photo of them. I imagine they will be big black clouds before the day is out. And just so you don't worry, I take a lot of these photos when I am sitting at a red light.






My Tootsie was prepared for rain, though. This morning she wore her rain slicker when we went to the hospital for her chemo. Everybody there just loves her wardrobe. Here's my adorable little girl sitting in her car seat all dressed up in her rain gear.
*
I also thought I should share a photo I took on Friday of the ground cover showing through the snow. Some things keep growing no matter how cold it gets or how much snow we get. Once the snow melts down enough, you can see the green ground cover. This photo shows brown pine needles, green ground cover and snow all getting along side by side. I just thought it was a bit interesting.
*
How about a bit of good news? This morning when Tootsie and I were leaving to go to her appointment, Moo was bringing in the trash barrels. Tootsie watched him, and followed him with her eyes all the way up the driveway. Now that's good news!!! She has some sight back. We're not sure how much, or if a lot of it is shadows, but it's great news either way. She still cannot see a lot of things, but some sight is better than none.
*
Speaking of Uncle Moo, this morning he seems to feeling a bit better. That's quite a relief. It's good to see him back to his normal self again. Still no word yet on Howie, but I supposed no news is good news.
*
Time for me to go now and put out the mail. Some days, the postman comes early and I don't want my mail to go late. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: