Saturday, January 23, 2010

A New Toy To Play With

January 23, 2009

Another cold, but sunny, morning here. Gosh, I just don't understand this new furnace that we have. I thought it was supposed to be more efficient, but it doesn't seem to heat any better than the old furnace. In fact, we filled the oil tank 17 days ago, and we just had to fill it again this morning. Something here just does not jive well in my book.

Yesterday I got a package in the mail. Woo Hoo!! My new teleconverter came. Wow!! That was quick, I just ordered it a few days ago. So now I have a new toy to play with. Oh goodie!!

I'm hoping that it will help to improve some of my bird photos that are taken at a distance. Although I can't complain about my newest lens. I'm really enjoying some of the pictures that it takes.

Can you imagine the photos I can get when I don't have to shoot them through windows and patio doors? The glass panels in the windows and doors are in need of cleaning, but it is too cold for me to go outside and wash them. So I do the best I can with what I have. But to be perfectly honest, a lot of my photos have been pretty good, even with the dirt. At least I am happy with them, and that's what counts.

Oh dear, my bad. I should give a bird's name when I post a photo. Yesterday's little bird was a Titmouse. Today I will show the difference between a Titmouse and a Chickadee. Unfortunately, the Chickadee flits about so quickly that it is not easy to get a good photo of him but I did my best.

Titmouse






















Chickadee





















I know this is not a great photo of the little Chickadee, but this little guy just will not sit for more than a second or two. I swear he knows I'm lurking about in the shadows with a camera. When I shot this photo, my camera was on "continuous shoot" and I managed to get a quick shot of this little fellow as he flew off. It's not a great shot, but I thought I would share it anyway.
*
Chickadee Leaving
Gosh, I sure hope that one of these days, I get another chance for another photo like this, only a better one! In the backyard, there is a white light pole not far from the feeder and it is always getting in the way of a great shot! The white blur on the left side of the photo is the light pole. So you can see that this is an almost impossible shot under these conditions, and I am quite tickled to have this photo.
*
There has been no new information on our Howie yet. Maybe in a few days the doctor will call with some news. At least, he is settling in quite nicely at the hospital. With so many people there so fuss over him, he is probably quite happy.
*
Now I think I shall mosey on out into the main part of the house and see what is going on. It has been so quiet lately! Sometimes I miss the noise, and other times, I'm happy to not hear it. Hm-m-m-m. Sounds like I can't make up my mind here! Well, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your bird photos. The titmouse is so cute. I adore chickadees, and that flight photo is gorgeous. Love how those feathers show.