Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Two More Days Till Christmas!

December 23, 2009

Gosh! Just two more nights and it's Christmas! My, where has the year gone? It wasn't that long ago that we were all waiting for the warm weather to get here, and not only has it gone by but it's a whole new cycle beginning. But wait! The good news is that it is only 86 more days till Spring!!!

Well, we had a bit of excitement around here yesterday. The burner man had to come to check the new furnace, which doesn't seem to know when to turn on or shut off properly. Then I had to check all the rooms in the house to make sure there were no open windows. So of course, some of the dwarfs are not too happy with me. One would think that they were smart enough to keep their windows closed when the heat is on.

Then, Moo discovered a leak in a water heat pipe in my pantry. It's been a real quiet leak, so we never heard it before. Meanwhile, it's been rotting the floor boards under the tiles. This morning, a plumber is coming to try to fix it. Then we will probably have to rip up part of the floor and replace it. Just another one of the joys of owning a house.

The weather outside is COLD!!! It's only in the teens, and with the wind chill factor it seems like about 4 degrees Fahrenheit. The weather man now says we have a lot of rain and freezing rain coming for the weekend. I suppose it could be worse - it could come on Christmas Day. But either way, it's not really fun, and I'm not looking forward to going out in it. Brrr!

Do you remember the picture I showed a few days ago of that little rose bud that was still trying to bloom? Well, once the heavy snows came, the poor little thing just couldn't survive. But even in demise, it was still quite pretty. Have a look.






I have another cute photo to share. On my way to and from work, I pass a yard that is decorated with a whole family of wooden reindeer, that are all dressed up in big red bows and lights. Unfortunately, there is a lot of snow on the reindeer, but I thought you might like to see them anyway. Later, I will try to get another photo when there is no snow covering them.
Another cute photo I have was taken last Friday, just before the snow came. The birds were busy finding food, and this little squirrel was also quite busy stocking up on food.
Well, now I think it's time for me to start moving a few things before the plumber gets here. Not exactly what I had in mind to do this morning, but oh well. Y'all have a wonderful day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Lol- love the squirrel picture ! Cute little thing and you can see it's been feeding well for winter. I bet Erik was one the men not happy yesterday when you went round to make sure the windows were shut-I know he does not like it too warm and much prefers cooler temperatures. Lol- I always make sure it's between 60 and 65 Fahrenheit in here, which is ideal for us. But I still open my windows at least once a day for an hour , heating or not , to let in fresh air,because it does not help with cigarette smoke in the air- so it needs to be done,- even if Shaun complains,lol- my answer is usually :put a warm jumper on if you're cold instead of a thin t-shirt !Lol- got to ready for work now -Hugs Snowy