Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Christmas Eve

December 24, 2009

Wowee!! It's Christmas Eve already! Gosh, and I have lots to do today. One last gift to wrap (sort of). Can't talk about that one now, you never know who's listening!! Also, there is laundry to do today. I probably should have done it yesterday, but I was busy then too. My laundry will have to wait for a few hours though.

Remember the plumber that was coming yesterday to fix a badly leaking hot water pipe? Well, he fixed it - and another pipe in the cellar. And then he dropped the news. the hot water heater was in a bad way, and was going to be needing to be replaced soon along with all the pipes that go with it. Gee whiz! Just the kind of news I was looking for!!

So this morning, they are back down in the cellar unhooking things, taking away the old one, and installing a new hot water heater. This new one comes with a ten year warranty. In all fairness, the old one lasted a whole lot longer than ten years, so it probably makes the warranty a bit moot.

On a brighter note, tonight's the night that children everywhere will be dreaming of Santa Claus and the presents he might be bringing. I'm one of the lucky ones because he will stop here for a cup of cocoa and some cookies in between his deliveries. Don't forget to leave him a snack, and maybe some carrots for the reindeer. With all that rushing here and there, they will get very hungry.

Yesterday was my friend Su's birthday, and here is the card that I made for her.























I have a photo to share with you too. Miss Tootsie has been checking and guarding the gifts around the tree. Sometimes she just lays down near them to nap. I wonder what she is dreaming about then.


Well, I must get busy now. There are things to do to get ready for tonight's visits. I want to wish every one of you a most peaceful Holiday season. Y'all have a Merry Christmas now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Snowy said...

Merry Christmas to you, "Uncle Moo" and Tootsie-have a great day ! Big kiss and all my love to Erik and Dylan. What a thing to happen at Christmas time with the boiler !
lol- good thing that Tootsie is guarding all the presents.
Hugs and lots of love
Snowy

Nani said...

Just stopping by quickly before a couple last chores and an errand for Santa Paws! But I wanted to wih you, Tootsie and Moo a very Merry Christmas from David and me, Baggle, Kaline and Carla!