Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Rain & Black Friday Have Both Gone

November 28, 2009

Well, we made it through Black Friday. Of course, we cheated a bit - we did it on-line. While I was at work yesterday, I put in a few bids on E-bay, and got me some nice gifts. On my way home, I stopped in at a local pharmacy, Walgreen's, and got me some handy dandy gift cards for things like tunes and games and such. Later after supper, I went back on E-bay and put in a few more bids. I won one, lost a couple, and left a "make an offer" bid. This morning, I found out my offer was accepted. Woo Hoo!!!

I think now I am down to maybe three or four gifts left to get and I can call it a day - after the wrapping of course! Oh oh, I forgot, I still have to get Miss Tootsie's gifts too. This weekend, I will try to finish up addressing all my cards, and then I can sit back and enjoy this marvelous time of year.

Today, the wind has been huffing and puffing up a storm outside my house. No rain, thank goodness, but very very windy. This is definitely a good day to stay inside and wrap presents.

Last night I tried out my new laptop bed table. If you have to stay in bed, this is the way to go. Even better if you have someone to bring you coffee and snacks whenever you ring your little cowbell. I know, I know, keep dreaming Edna. Well, you can't blame a girl for trying.

Throughout all this power shopping, Miss Tootsie has become quite weary. She is just not into shopping or computer puzzles. Hmmmmmmmm. Maybe Santa has a little doggie computer? We can always ask. Wouldn't that be something? You laugh, but I used to have a little toy poodle named Gizmo who would sit for hours in front of the PC and play with the virtual dog that lived in the computer. Somewhere I have a picture of her. I will go looking for it.
*
Meanwhile, here's a picture of a very bored Tootsie. She can be so pathetic looking when she wants to. I have to admit though, it does work. It makes us feel guilty so she gets extra treats.


Now I must go and get started on a few things around here. Tonight is another work night. Y'all have a wonderful day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Ha hah- I'm sure I can see the bottom lip pouting there and her expression says"Bloody humans-nobody plays with me!"Lol- Ebay can be fun, I got my Silver Witch Robe from there. As for he little bell-with 7 dwarfs I can't see a problem there-Rofl
Hugs Snowy