Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring, The Old Man Is Snoring

November 15, 2009

It's another Good Morning from raw, gray, rainy New England. Do you remember that line from a child's poem? "It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring." Cheer up, things could be worse. This all could have been snow, the winds could have been howling and raging, and it could have been very cold. But the temperature is normal for November and it is just wet out!

Down South where part of my family is, there have been flooding rains and heavy winds. My daughter tells me that a few coastal houses fell into the ocean. In England where some of my friends are, the weather has been extremely nasty. Floods and heavy winds with some stone walls and chimneys toppling over. It all sounds very much like some of the hurricanes that I remember from years gone by. I pray you all stay safe.

Last night was a good night at work. The Mrs. was in a very good mood and slept well through the night. I did not have much of a chance to chat with Snowy on MSN. It took me a while to get my MSN working properly, and Snowy's internet kept cutting out. Maybe tonight it will work out better. Seems we are both doing the overnight hours this weekend.

I did not do much last night in the way of designing. Mostly, I just looked through some of my latest photos to find some good ones to share, and I worked on a couple of puzzles. I find the puzzles extremely relaxing. Plus, I am learning my way around the new laptop. Pretty soon, I will try installing another program into it, plus some music for my listening enjoyment. I think I like this new laptop.

Moo must be feeling chipper this morning. He just came out to say hello and get a cup of coffee, and seems to be back to his normal grumpy self. We'll have to find some happy pills for him. Just three more days, then we get to see his new nose. I think we should have a welcome party for the new nose. Get some ice cream and bake a cake. Sound good? I think it's a marvelous idea.

This morning I have a couple of interesting photos to share. These were taken last weekend at the park. The first photo shows two gulls going after the same french fry, and the second photo shows the happy winner. Note the french fry in the first photo.

I got so many interesting photos that day, but I'll save some of them for another day. Now I think I'll go make a cup of coffee and catch up on my email. Y'all have a wonderful and SAFE day.
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

LOL- cool photo ! Flying french fries as well-ROFL.
hmm -think I have an idea for a funny "new nose" layout -watch me- I'm gonna do it , hah haha