Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy All Saints Day

November 1, 2009

Happy Sunday!! Don't ask me why I'm so cheerful. Miss Tootsie woke me up at 3:30 am so that she could make a potty call. After that and a lengthy drink of water, we finally got back to bed. Of course, you know who isn't going to be able to fall back to sleep. So here it is 5 am and my house is quiet as a mouse., and I sit here chatting on my blog.

Shall I tell you about our fantabulous ride last night? We met so many wonderful folks up there, all of them marveling about the gorgeous weather we were enjoying. The night was cool, not cold. And the sky, for the most part, was very clear and filled with stars that were twinkling and lighting our way. What can I say? It was a really grand night for a long broom ride.

Speaking of broom rides, daughter #1 made it safely all the way here yesterday morning, and I have to admit that her landing this year was almost perfect. Pretty soon, she'll ride even better than me. Makes me so proud, she does!!! (You know, when she reads this her head is going to swell up!)

So, how was your Halloween everybody? There were so many ghoulies and ghosties and goblins out last night collecting their goodies. We don't get any at our house because we live on a main highway street. I think most of the children around here go to house parties so that they can have fun yet stay safe.

Did Miss Tootsie get dressed up and go trick or treating? Of course she did. Although I must say that this year she was not so crazy about being dressed up as a pumpkin. No sirree, she was not happy about that at all! She made one stop and that was at Uncle Moo's room, where she collected her bag of goodies, and promptly made her way home to see what was in the bag.

I took a couple of pictures of her so that I could make a scrap layout. You can see for yourself just how unhappy she was with me for making her wear that costume. Poor darling!! She doesn't understand. You cannot be a princess or a wizard every year. Some years you have to be a pumpkin or a dinosaur or something else.























Yesterday, I also took some photos of the new fireplace and TV to share. What a joy it is to have a nice warm cozy fire spitting and crackling while you are all snuggled up in your nightie with your little dog (or cat) and watching a favorite TV program. Sorry, the fireplace isn't turned on in this photo.
*

*
We have a busy day planned. This morning, Wayne is going to come over to try to reset my TV remote. Then, if he has time, he will try to switch my virus protection program from the old laptop over to my webbook, then I will have to see about getting a new one for the new laptop.
*
Also, right after lunch, Miss Tootsie has an appointment at the beauty salon. When we get back home, I can finish up the laundry, Moo will be making dinner, and then it's back to work tonight. The good part is that after tonight, I am off all week until next Sunday night. YEAH!!!!
*
Now I think perhaps I will slide back into my cozy little bed and try to get another hour or two or winks. Y'all have a wonderful day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

It was indeed a fine Halloween this year! I'm glad you had a great ride. Kaline and I looked for you and Tootsie, but we got sleepy before we found you. Maybe next year? (Kaline and Baggle will have a black cat sister, maybe she'll bring better luck!)

smiekeltje said...

Good to hear the landing was good ! I looked outside yesterday for you two, but it was all cloudy and rainy, so impossible to spot you!Jan asked if next year you can fly a bit lower over the land!!!
Oh, and he sympathizes very much with Tootsie. He could understand it very well, if she stays grumpy for a long time.
You new tv and fire place looks terrific!
Lovely for you you will be free all next week!
Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra

Snowy said...

Lol- could not see you either here- we have wind and rain , so you must have avoided flying over England last night. Congrats to Audrey for the safe landing,lol-she might make the Broomriders license yet ! That Fireplace is really looking great!
Hugs Snowy