Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tootsie's Stroller Is A Blessing

August 13, 2009

This morning we go for Tootsie's last chemo treatment for this round. So far, nothing has changed. For about an hour after the treatment, she is very disoriented, but then she calms down a bit and tries to find her way around. If this keeps up though, I will have to look for a little crash helmet for her.

God bless her little heart, she manages to find her way out to her wee papers without any help. She follows a lot by touch and sound. Another amazing thing, unlike us humans, she has not become cranky and snappy. That is a beautiful thing about animals. Whatever life hands them, they just take it in stride and keep on going. Us humans usually have to go through our "five steps of grieving" before we grudgingly try to cope with one of life's mountains.

Needless to say, I have not been doing much in the way of designing and scrapping lately. (See what I mean? Situation pops up, stick head in sand - maybe it will go away.) I have done some furniture shopping, but that's about it. The new chair bed and bureaus for the bedroom will be here soon. I just have to get my head out of the sand and finish getting the room set up.

In a few weeks, the new sofa will be here, and then hopefully I will be done with most of the bigger work here in my apartment. That will really be such a relief. After that, most of what I have left to do is small stuff.

Well, we are off to chemo now, be back in a while.

........We're back now, and are on "close watch" to see what happens next. Tootsie's chemo treatments have been pushed back to every three weeks again. So much for the "light at the end of the tunnel." As for the blindness, that will most likely (not guaranteed) be permanent. I suppose I should have seen it coming. This same disease left my Laura Jean blind also. But I was really hoping that things would be somewhat easier for Tootsie. Science has come such a long way over the years.

Today, like yesterday, is a drizzly type rainy day so far. Thank goodness for Tootsie's stroller. It's a blessing on rainy days, and when she is not feeling well, or not able to get around so good. Same goes for her car seat. At least when we are in the car, I know she cannot fall off the seat.

Well, I think I shall try to get a little bit more work done around here, and then maybe squeeze in a little nap. Tonight I work a long shift, 20 hours. But then I can stay home with Tootsie on Sunday night - we have no sitter for that night. So all works out well.

I have a couple more nature photos to share with you today. One is a shot of some beautiful blue morning glories, and the other is of a tattered, yet lovely butterfly. Enjoy, and Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.






























2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

So sorry to hear there isn't much improvement yet with Tootsie. But she is a strong little devil, I'm sure she will not give in that easily! And she has all your love to support her. But it's still a sad situation you are in and I can understand your head isn;t filled with designing issues! Tootsie goes first and you are right! Big hug to you and cuddle for Tootsie.

Snowy said...

I know exactly what you mean - any kind of upset will throw me of my schedule and I don't get anything done, the inspiration is just not there anymore. Take it easy with you long shifts , Edna , and bick lick to Tootsie.(I just wanted to write to Erik as well,lol- wonder what he would make of that ,lol)
Hugs Snowy