Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Quilts Of Valor

August 26, 2009

Well, Good Morning! Right now, it's lovely outside with a little bit of a breeze, but you can already feel that it's going to be a bruiser!! My car was returned to me yesterday morning looking like a brand new kid. My son in law did a wonderful job. This morning I dropped it off at the regular mechanic's to have the new part put on, and then hopefully, he will go get my sticker for me. Yup, starting off to be a great day.

Today I want to tell you about my friend Carol, who lives in North Carolina and has a most wonderful hobby. She belongs to a group called "Quilts of Valor Foundation." This is a group of army wives (and a few other wonderful ladies) at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, specifically the 82nd Airborne. They make really beautiful quilts that are sent to our wounded warriors at Fort Bragg, Walter Reed and Brooke Army Medical Center.

I asked her to send me a few photos of her quilts, which I will share with you today. I met this wonderful lady some years ago when we both joined the same classes at Massasoit Community College. It was a brand new program on how to design Web Sites. The classes ran for almost a year, and we both graduated. Soon after that, she moved to North Carolina to be closer to one of her children. Thank goodness for email!!

Today I let Tootsie walk around outdoors for a bit for the first time since she lost her sight. Except for bumping her little nose on the step, she did terrific!! We will have to do this more often now. She has been gaining back some of the weight that she lost, so maybe a bit of walking around in the yard will help. The problem is mostly mine, you understand. I am the one who is afraid she will get hurt. Mothers!!

Time for me to get busy here. Today we will re-arrange the living room. Oh boy, oh boy! Enjoy the pictures, and Y'all have a really grand day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Snowy said...

Great quilts ! I know exactly how much work and hours has gone into them. Just having a break-my room upstairs is starting to look great -a bit of clean-up now and then I will be ready to finally relax and chat with Erik later. Will take a pic and send it to you,lol.Tomorrow I can sleep upstairs again -yippieeee !
Hugs Snowy

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - Those are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!