Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Miss Tootsie Is Not Doing So Well

August 12, 2009

Well folks, yesterday was a very busy day, but then it ended on a sour note. My little girl has not feeling so well these past few days, and yesterday, seemed to have no sense of balance or sight. It is heartbreaking to watch her try to walk two or three feet without knocking her little head into anything in her path.

I called her doctor, and rushed her to the hospital. The news does not look so good at the moment. She appears to be out of remission, has no sense of balance, and doesn't show signs of sight. Oh, but she tries so hard. We will finish this round of chemo, and then reevaluate. She may have to have another MRI and spinal tap, but that is a few days off yet.

Last night, Uncle Moo came in to play with her. She loves their little snarl and growl game. Even though she couldn't seem to find her chewy that was setting a few inches away from her, she did manage to get out a few growls at Moo to let him know that he could not have her chewy.

In the morning, my daughter in law and I did manage to do a bit of shopping for furniture. I finally made my decision, and bought the sleeper chair for my bedroom. This eliminates the need for an extra bed, and is quite comfy as a chair. I will take some pictures when I get everything here and in place.

We have to go back to the hospital this morning. Tootsie will have more chemo, and be checked again by her neurosurgeon. As a grief counselor, I know all the right things to do, think, feel and say. But as a person, this is not a very good time for my Tootsie and me. In the meanwhile, I'm hoping that Y'all have a great day.

Hugs, Edna B.


























4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh Edna, what a sad news about Tootsie. And yes, it hurts to see your pet in such trouble! I just can say I hope it will be better with her in a few days, or the surgeon might find a solution. I shed a little tear with you, and give Tootsie a sweet cuddle from me.Tell her to fight and not give up!
Hugs
Kyra

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

HUGE GIANT GENTLE HUGS for the BOTH OF YOU from Foxy & me!!!!!!!!!
Will keep you both in my prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowy said...

I really hope she will get better and they are able to help her. But I know she is a little fighter, she has been so brave so far. Hugs from me as well to Tootsie and to you as well.With you both in my thoughts -Snowy

Nani said...

Oh Edna, I'm sad to hear about Tootsie!! :(

I will say a special prayer for you both for strength and recovery.