Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Funky BLue Week

July 23, 2009

For some reason, this is a rather blue funk week for me. I just can't seem to get motivated to do much of anything. The PC doesn't call out to me, nor do my books, and obviously the housework isn't interesting. It sort of feels like I am carrying a large ball all by myself, and now I'm getting tired and don't want to carry it anymore. Strange.

It is a very depressing feeling to know that the people closest to you either can't or don't want to help you, and the people who are the farthest away from you are always trying to help. We are a strange lot, us humans. Ahhhh, but this will pass, and I will persevere.

So far today, I have taken care of the meds, put in a load of laundry, made lunch for my Tootsie, brought in the mail, and answered a couple of emails. I must say that is more than I did most of yesterday.

I did get to go last evening with my daughter in law. She and I and Tootsie hopped into the car, picked up some delicious fast food, and went to the park to enjoy the scenery while we ate that fantastic food. We each tried out the new Angus Burgers that MacDonald's now carries. Hers was covered with mushrooms, and mine was topped with bacon. Miss Tootsie had a double cheeseburger. Mmmmmmmmmm. Yup! We did pig out, and boy oh boy, did we ever enjoy it.

On the way home, we stopped at a Dairy Queen and had ice cream dipped in chocolate for dessert. I got an extra little cup and filled it for Miss Tootsie (no chocolate for her, only vanilla). She just loves Dairy Queen ice cream. Well actually, we all do.

Now it's time for me to check the laundry. Have to get it folded and put away. I will leave you with a bit of sunshine from a photo that I took a couple of days ago. This is a gorgeous day lily from my yard. Enjoy, and y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.


2 comments:

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Hi Edna, I bet this beautiful lily was taken with you new 50mm lens. The clarity is awesome. The Dr. says..."to get over the blues, take new lens, get in the car, and go and take at least 20 photos..that works every time. Enjoy! Mary Ann

Snowy said...

Edna,Edna- you are doing it again,lol. Making my mouth water describing the burgers and the rest you had to eat,lol.
I do hope you feel better soon- think positive thoughts and everything will get beter soon.
We are with you in our thoughts
Hugs and Love- Snowy