Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Night For Pictures

June 9, 2009

It's been a gray, bit of drizzly day here, a little on the cool side. But the birds seem to love this weather. My bird feeder needs to be filled again in the morning. This afternoon, Mommy cardinal was getting food from the feeder, and sharing it with her baby who was perched inside the rose bush. I love watching these birds. Chippy (chipmunk) was also out there looking for food, along with a squirrel.

Speaking of Chippy, I took some photos of a real cutie when I was visiting in Wisconsin last year. He just stood still and posed for me (actually, he was probably checking me out to see if I was dangerous).





















Looks like tonight is a nature photo show. I took some nice photos of a swan family at a local park last week. Momma and Poppa were out with their babies, and my oh my, they are ever protective. This photo shows one of them scaring off a neighbor who got too close.













And here is a photo of what they were protecting.






















Of course, I'm always looking for different plants and flowers, especially in uncommon colors. In the back yard at work, I found this beautiful little gem.






















Today, I worked on the color challenge at Magickal Scraps. Here is a preview of my contribution. I called it "Whimsey." We were given colors to work with, and the theme was to be something whimsical. I made all my papers and patterns with various brushes. If you want this, you have to take part in the challenge. Then you get all the kits contributed for free.

"Whimsey"

I guess that's about it for tonight. Today was a rather uneventful day with not much to chat about. Till tomorrow, y'all have a great night.
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: