Saturday, June 20, 2009

Miss Tootsie Goes Shopping

June 20, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JR. I wish you a truly wonderful and happy day. My babies are all grown, and some are grandparents themselves. Thirty five years ago, I couldn't fathom what today would be like. It just never crossed my mind that I would enjoy the day when my children became grandparents. But that day did come, and it has been enjoyable.

This morning Miss Tootsie had her appointment at the beauty salon, and afterwards we did a bit of shopping for her. She hasn't got any new clothes in a while, so four new dresses and a bag of gourmet cookies was a real treat for her. When we got home, she gobbled up a sandwich cookie, but then hid her chocolate chip cookie for later when no one is looking. I will have to keep an eye on this particular cookie - don't need any ants in here.

When I checked my e-mail this morning I got a wonderful surprise. My first scrap design paycheck. It wasn't very big, but it was certainly beautiful. Put a lovely lift to my day. Papa, you would be very proud of me today. My hubby was my biggest supporter and fan. So many times I miss that.

Yesterday, I took some wonderful photos while it was raining. I think raindrops on leaves and flowers is just beautiful. Also, while I was at work, I looked out the window just in time to see Mommy Deer and her little one passing through the back yard. My photos were taken through the windows, but they are still pretty good, so I will share these with you today.

Tonight is a working night, so I'm off now to see if maybe I can get a few things done on my pc. Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

"Red Lily"






















"Mommy Deer"


















"Baby Deer"

1 comment:

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Hi Edna, Did you use your new 50mm f1.4 lens for the lily photo? It is lovely. I sure am convinced that it is becoming my favorite. I checked out the new Canon Rebel Tli but think I'll wait till next years model to get one with a pull out LCD. They and one other company are the only ones that didn't do it this year...I sure hope for next or I'm trading loyalties and going to Nikon.

The deer would look wonderful with the Orton effect. Go to my site and get the way to do it. Fast and easy.

Will stop in and visit when back from vacation. Send photos of Tootsie modeling her new dresses.

Mary Ann