Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mars Is Coming

June 16, 2009

A friend of mine sent me some info about Mars and a great photo opportunity. It seems that during the month of August, not only will we be able to see Mars but it will be as big and almost as bright as the moon. The date is August 27. Mars will come within 34,649,589 miles of Earth, and will be the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. This will not happen again until the year 2287. Mark your calendar, and have your camera ready.

This morning was gray, damp and rather dreary. As expected, my energy level is quite low. But, as I write this, I notice that the sun has just popped out so maybe things will pick up now. There's something about the weather that plays a big part in our energy systems. At least mine, anyway.

This morning I did get to watch Mommy Cardinal feeding her youngster. The baby was set upon the top of my newspaper box, somewhat hidden by the rose bush. Mommy would look for the birdseed and bring it up to baby and feed it to her. I get the biggest rush from being able to observe this way.

Today, I have a couple of layouts to share with you. Gabbi made these using my "Asian Harmony" kit. Note Gabbi's own beautiful nature photos featured in the layouts. Now it's time to find something for lunch that will tempt Tootsie's taste buds, and mine too. Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

"Asian Harmony"























"Asian Harmony" 2

2 comments:

Snowy said...

The layouts look fab !!! lol- tell Erik to go to my blog, please -there is a layout with him in (Rofl)

Unknown said...

aparently.. that email you recived was just a hoax.. it already came and went in 2003... says urbanlegends.com sorry to burst your bubble.. but it did mine as well.