Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Feet This Morning

June 7, 2009

It's rather early and I will be going home shortly - oh goodie goodie, I will get to have a nap. I have been watching a hummingbird flit in and out of the patch of peonies just outside the window here. He's too quick for me to get any photos though. Ah, but it's such a joy to be able to watch.

Today is supposed to a beauty. The weatherman says it will be in the high 70's (78) and rather pleasant. I hope so, my tomatoes are needing some sunshine. This topsy turvy planter thing is a slow grower. We have some tomatoes growing, but the plants themselves are not getting very long. If they were in the ground, they would be 2 or 3 feet tall by now. They seem to be having trouble hanging down even 12 inches from the topsy turvy planter. Anybody else use these things? Are you having better luck?

I spent the last few hours working on finishing up my portions of some delightful childrens' kits that Snow Raven and I will release in July. You won't want to miss out on these. They are really adorable.

**Update - I've been home for about an hour an a half, and it hasn't been looking too spiffy outside yet. I think maybe the weatherman has been drinking too much pickle juice. Maybe when I get up from my nap, it will look a bit better out there. Right now, it's a toss up as to whether I will turn on the little fireplace or throw another warm blanket on the bed. Brrrrr.

Before I turn in, I will share a new layout that features another lovely granddaughter in her graduation finery. Congratulations Andi. I know you probably thought this day would never come to be, but it's here at last, and we're all very proud of you. Did you use the whole box of tissues, Audrey?

Crooknees, last night I bought some Dr. Scholl's foot pads for heel pain, and put them in my sneakers. So far, they have helped tremendously. They come in both womens and mens sizes. Now I really must have a nap now before I fall off my chair. Till tomorrow, y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.



No comments: