Friday, May 8, 2009

You Can't Take It With You

May 8, 2009

Miss Audrey called last night from the Taxidermists' World Convention to share her wonderful news. She took a third place ribbon on her entry, a doe. Congratulations Rummage Baby. I knew you could do it.

Well, the contractor finally showed up, and the news is grim. Lot more dollars. So what else is new. That old saying "You can't take it with you" must have been written specially for homeowners. You certainly won't have any left to take with you once you get done with all the upkeep and repairs. Mind you, I'm not really complaining. I'm thankful I'm here and able to grumble.

Yesterday, we managed to empty out a decent sized closet, so today, I would like to finish setting up all my PC supplies in there, and maybe empty out most of the rest of the room. Oh my, wouldn't that be nice if it happens. We'll see. Last night was a pain pill night. Probably tonight too.

I also want to set up an air cleaner in the computer room. That might just help to cut down on the dust. Then maybe next month a new window. By then it will be such a pleasant little room, I may never come out again. LOL.

Before I set off to start my day, let me share my new layout for the "N" part of the ABC challenge at Magickal Scraps. The N stands for my next to youngest Great Grandchild, Niko. The kit I used is "Happy Season" from Kyra of "Russian-Dutch Heart." This is a beautiful and very refreshing kit and it was offered free at her blog. I keep telling you, you gotta visit her blog and check out all the beautiful kits she has. http://smielkeltje.blogspot.com/.

Meanwhile, y'all have a great day.

Hugs, Edna B.

"Happy Season" by Russian-Dutch Heart

No comments: