Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Night From PC Hell

January 20, 2009

Well I have bad news and I have good news. Which one do you want first? The bad? Okay. Wayne came over two hours ago and put in the Microsoft safety update patch that was needed. It took about an hour to go in and then it totally crashed my computer. Just like that! Dead like doornails!! After spending another hour trying to revive it, we had to bury it. Actually, he took it home with him to tear it all apart and rebuild it all back up again. Can you guess what comes next? YUP! All my files went with him on the dead computer.

The good news, you ask? I do have a laptop. I can get emails, although I cannot answer or read any that are on my big computer until I get it back. I hope. If Wayne wants to live, that is. I can go on the internet, I can do some of my work, but not much of it. I just took a look, and I really can't do much of what I need to do until I get all my files back.

With some luck, tomorrow Wayne will deliver my files to me on an external drive that I can use with my laptop. If he does that, he lives. Now I'm not normally a wicked little person, but I can learn in a big hurry if I have to. Can you hear me Wayne? At the moment he is still enjoying half of his beautiful hair on his head. Depending on what he brings me tomorrow, he could still enjoy it.

The rest of the bad news is that I cannot give you the promised freebie tonight. I really am so sorry. And I cannot guarantee one for tomorrow either if I don't get my files back. While I am sitting here sharing my awful woes, there is an awful odor wafting silently over to me and making my toes curl up and my eyes roll sideways. Good Lord. Tootsie! I tell you, it's a good thing that I love her so much. The aromas that she puts forth could wipe out a small army of really large men. God bless her little soul.

By now, it must be obvious that this is a Samuel Adams night. I just happen to have a nice cold one waiting in the fridge for just such an occasion. So my thanks to you Moo. He bought me a six pack one week when he won a game of Keno.

Before I wander off to my cozy little bed, with my glass of beer and a chicken chewy for Tootsie (these and her beloved "Greenies" are her absolute favorite snacks), I just want to thank everyone for the really nice thoughts and comments. They really do mean a lot to me.

I can't believe I'm actually closing a post without at least a photo or something. Hold on while I take a look and see if I have anything on this laptop that I can share. ..............................
I found a picture that I don't think I ever posted. This is my Tootsie when I first got her. She was just a gorgeous little bundle of silky soft fluff, and very timid. Isn't she just the sweetest? Who'd a thunk she could empty a room with her perfumery? Enjoy.
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

suruha said...

Aww! A photo of Tootsie is just fine with me. LOL Bless your heart! I'm sending positive 'thoughts' your way.

Su