Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year - 2009

January 1, 2009

Happy New Year everybody!! We've all made it to another year. I wonder how many of you watched the ball drop at midnight in Times Square. Moo, Tootsie and I, along with one of the dwarfs watched the ball drop and the fireworks from Boston. First, I'm not crazy about the new ball they are using in New York. I liked the old one better. Second, Boston put on a fantastic fireworks show. Although I'm glad to say that we watched all the merriment from the warmth of our living room. It was nasty cold last night, and it still is today. Even my apartment is too cold for comfort. My fingers feel like popsicles.

Lord, I'm sorry to wish away time and a beautiful season, but Spring can't get here fast enough for me. It snowed all day yesterday and the night before. The weatherman says we have more snow coming tomorrow and the next day. I'm beginning to really dislike that weatherman.

January brings a whole new round of challenges at the Magickal Scraps forum. Have some fun, and come check them out. For this month's recipe challenge, I'm asking for recipes that use wildlife, such as deer, moose, etc. This should be especially fun for those of you who do go hunting for food. Me, I'd rather go to the supermarket, but many of you tromp through the woods hunting for your dinner.

Today, I'll share my layout made for the Recipe Challenge. I was thinking that Miss Audrey might like this one. Hope you do too. Now I'm going to find something warmer to put on before my whole body looks like a popsicle. Br-r-r-r!! Till tomorrow,

Hugs, Edna B.


Special credits for resources used:
CLR Creations, Lady Shannon, Torley Designs, The Scrapping Cop, and Dover.

No comments: