Sunday, December 21, 2008

Want Some Chocolate Pie With Cool Whip?

December 21, 2008

Happy Chanukka everybody, especially Rhoda & Marshall and Edie & family.
Boy, oh boy, oh boy! And the snow keeps falling. Can you believe this? It started around noon on Friday, and it is now 4 pm on Sunday, and the *#@* stuff is still falling. Not just skimpy stuff either! Long range visibility stinks (at least it did this morning).

Poor Moo is exhausted from all the shoveling and cleaning off the cars, over and over again. As soon as he gets in the house and changes his clothes, there's already another inch or two covering everything back up.

I should tell you about the fabulous chocolate pie I made for him on Friday. I was thinking that it would make him feel better after all the shoveling. I made a double batch of the pudding so that I could fill some little pudding dishes too, and was planning on serving it with Cool Whip. Oh my, I could just taste that pie!! I finished it all up and put everything in the fridge to cool and set. A few hours later I took it out to give it to Moo, and OMG!!! It was soupy as can be! Do you believe this? What went wrong?

I finally had to show it to Moo, and of course, he laughed. He said what did you use in this? Milk? Or water? That did it!! I dug the boxes out of the trash, and yup! I thought it said water. But it did not - it said milk. My beautiful graham cracker pie shell was a soggy ruined mess. So much for my good deed that day. I will ty again another day.

Today, as promised, I am going to post my new kit "Chanukka 2008." If you have any suggestions for things to include in next years kit, please let me know. I'm hoping you like this one. So now I'm off to check on what's happening outside here. Have a great night.

Hugs, Edna B.






















And here's your link for the papers to "Chanukka 2008"



And here is your link for the elements to "Chanukka 2008"

3 comments:

Stash Empress said...

Thanks for the absolutely SPLENDID Chanukah kit!!! However the 3rd link is not the elements but rather a qp.... could we *please* have the elements???? Thanks again -- its lovely!!!

smiekeltje said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Edna. I had to laugh with tears just now as I read your story about Moo's cake!! Poor you, so good willing and it didn;t work out this time. Oh well, next it will be better.
It's a lovely kit you made, I am not really familiar with Hanukkah. Should take a read about it, really.
Have a nice day with the ###!!!!**** snow all falling and falling. Hope you have no trouble with the electricity supplie. Heard on the news a lot of people in America are without!
Hugs

Snowy said...

Lol-same as Kyra I am sitting here and having a chuckle. I love chocolate , but I think I'd give that pie a miss.Just on lunch break at work and thought I see what you're up too,lol
Hugs Snowy