Monday, December 8, 2008

First Attempt At A Snow Globe

December 8, 2008

What a boring, cold day today was. I think the cold weather made me sleepy, and took away all my creativity. Gosh, I really do dislike strongly the cold weather. (I try not to use the word "hate." It's such a strong word.) After several attempts to create something decent, I took my blankee and my pillow, and curled up on the floor in front of the fireplace to have me a little nap. I got a few winks, but it didn't really do the trick.

Tonight, Moo baked us a surprise for dessert - Tomato Soup Cake. M-m-m-m-m! The only thing missing was the cool whip. Next time. If you didn't get the recipe when it was posted here, check my archives for November 2.

This month's technique challenge at Magickal Scraps calls for a layout with a snow globe in it. There are also some tutorial links put up Snow Raven to help us make the glass globe. This would be really neat if I can do it. After a few hours, I finally came up with a couple, one of which I will share with you tonight.

So now I'm off to find some warm jammies, and Tootsie and I (much to her chagrin) are going to curl up in bed early and watch some TV. Who knows.....I just might make some hot cocoa too.

Oh wow, now I'm getting ready to drool. I'll just have to make the cocoa. Till tomorrow, have a great night.

Hugs, Edna B.




2 comments:

Nani said...

Very nice snow globe! I like your snow much better than mine in my frst attempt. The way the snow is done is also why I can't have a clear clobe without a background. Maybe I'll try the twinkle brush for my snow in my next attempt!

I know what you mean abut that word, I don't like to use it either, but for ice on the ground and temperatures below 20, I make an exception! If I'm dressed warm and it's not insanely cold, I like the snow, it's pretty. But ice and below 20 and I find myself using that word a lot! :)

After our very cold weekend, the first thing David and I did last night was to bring out the hot cocoa when we got home...with little peppermint schnapps in it! YUM! And WARM!

You and Tootsie have a cozy night!

aquascrap said...

Congrats on your first attempt at a snow globe. You did well! Stay warm