Monday, November 10, 2008

Today's A Bummer!

November 10, 2008

Today hasn't been going very well so far. As soon as I started driving home from work this morning, I noticed that my car wasn't acting right. It was struggling to keep running. Oh Oh!
Just what I need. Tootsie has chemo this morning, and she has a big lump under her jaw on her neck that needs to be looked at pronto.

My car died out several times on the ride home, but I couldn't take it to the mechanic until after we got back from the hospital. Well, it kept cutting out on the way to the hospital, but we did get there in one piece.

Now for the good and bad news. My little girl could not have chemo because of the huge lump. So her chemo was pushed up to every 6 weeks. This part is good news, we hope. She had to see her regular doctor to have the lump checked. The good news here is that after some tests, he's pretty sure it's a huge abcess. On top of all this, Tootsie is running a fever. The bad news is that my little girl has to stay and have surgery. I've never left her before, and I'm not dealing with it very well.

I went straight to the repair garage from the hospital, with my car dying out at every traffic light and slow down corner. Of course, I had to leave the car there. What else is new! Thank goodness for my brother. He had to come and pick me up. Now I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for a call from the hospital saying that I can pick up my little Tootsie. If needed, a friend will drive me there, because Uncle Moo has to wait for the burner repair man.

I guess I forgot to mention that little tidbit. Yesterday, we all felt chilly and checked to see if the burner was turned on. It was, but it wasn't running. So, no heat yesterday and today. With a little luck, it will be warmer later this evening.

On top of all this, I really need a nap, but I'm too anxious to sleep, so consequently, I don't have any pretty pictures or layouts to share today. Maybe later, if not, tomorrow. Thanks for letting me vent my pent up nerves. I just need some good news this afternoon from Tootsie's doctor, and I'll be just fine.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Oh Edna!!!
Will put you ALL in my prayers including the car!!!!!!!!!!
HUGE GIANT HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marianna said...

OMGoodness, Edna, what a time you are having! You all are certainly in my prayers!
Big hugs-
Marianna

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Hi Edna, I know you are very concerned about your Tootsie. Hope all goes well.

Why do so many things happen at one time?

Take care, friend.

Mary Ann

smiekeltje said...

Oh boy, Edna, what a day!! I can understand you are on needles for Tootsie. However good to hear it isn't a bad lump, but it is awefull to leave your pet behind! Poor little thing must feel herself a bit lost. I hope all will be done with soon and that she will be home quick. Then all the other nasty things on top of it. No, definately not a very good day. I keep you in my thoughts and hope today will be a better day. A BIG hug to comfort you a little bit.
Kyra