Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Things In My Future?

November 19, 2008

Another day gone by, and only one more chemo treatment for this round. Then, can you believe? Six weeks before it starts up again? This is fantastic, for me too. I get to sleep late more mornings, and I get to keep a little more of my money. Yippee! I think I see a new lens for my camera in my future.

Oh yes, I think I might even see a new computer. I have overworked mine to the point of it fighting back at me all the time. I will still need this computer. The new PC will handle all my photos, scrapbook and Photoshop things, and this PC will handle all the rest. Oh dear, now I definitely have to clean and rearrange my little computer room.

Thinking about all these neat things brings me back to a day when these things would only have been pipe dreams. Funny, when I was a little girl, I thought we had the greatest things. Santa always brought us wonderful toys, and my parents somehow managed a pretty decent life for us.

We never had a clue how little money we really had. My mom made a lot of my clothes, and my dad built a lot of our toys. Then of course, there was Salvation Army, who always had a grand Christmas party for all the neighborhood children, complete with Santa and gifts.

One comfy quick dish that Mom used to make us for supper when money was a bit tight (although we did not know this), was a big bowl of crackers, milk and sugar. Just break up the crackers in the bowl, pour in the milk, and scatter sugar all over the top. Oh boy, that was one delicious supper. We went to bed full and happy. Life was good when we were little kids.

As for Mary Ann's French Crepes, they sound yummy, and I can't wait to whip up a batch to try them out. Does anyone else have a favorite "poor dish" to share? I would love to hear about some of the meals that other folks enjoyed when they were children.

Before I get ready for dreamland tonight, I will share another photo. This one I did for an assignment called "urban photography." The idea is something we think is pretty against something we think is not so pretty. I used the idea as a guideline, as I do not live in the "inner city." What I found was a little bit of new life coming up through the rotting and dying leaves. I hope you like the idea.

Hugs, Edna B.





1 comment:

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Hi Edna, Our "poor" after school treat was a slice of homemade bread with butter and sugar. We called it a sugar sandwich. It was a special treat so we didn't get cavities, but oh, so good! I am trying to negotiate a new Canon 50D and a lens to take bird photos but it will only be my dream this year!

Enjoyed your homework. A little glaussin blur will pop your flower oh, so slightly...but really not necessary. Sometimes it's harder to do less than more...thinking just one more little tweak is all it needs. Thanks for sharing ALL your talents.

Enjoy!

Mary Ann