Thursday, November 20, 2008

More Memories From My Childhood

November 20, 2008

Well, Chemo is behind us for another 6 weeks, and we feel just good about it. One of the nice things about all these hospital visits, is all the wonderful people and animals we meet. This morning was very cold outside, so we bundled up before we left for Tootsie's appointment. You can see from the quick photo I took, that this is not what she considers a "fun time" outing. Poor baby. This is her dressed in her pink jogging suit and yellow corduroy jacket.

















This little girl rides in style, too. She has a nice comfy car seat with seat belts, and she can see the whole world go by. This is her in her seat this morning in the hospital parking lot. We're getting ready to go in for her treatment, and she is still not sure that she wants to.


I remember from when I was a little girl, I always loved animals and things that grew. My brother and I were always bringing home stray animals, birds, bugs, you name it. One day, we were being very naughty, and were teasing an elderly lady across the street from our house. She got angry with us and threw a handful of beans at us. I took the beans home, and planted them in our backyard right under my mother's clothesline. (You do know what a clothesline is, right?) Well, the beans grew, but my mother was not a happy camper about this. After that, my dad made a small garden area where we could plant things.
Another afternoon that I remember, my dad was working in his little garden patch in the front yard. My little boyfriend (the little boy across the street) and I were watching my dad, and I asked my boyfriend "What are those red things?" and he replied "Why, those are little rapples, darling." My dad used to love to tell this story about us kids and his radish garden.
That's it for today. Tomorrow is a work day and 5:30 am comes early. Have a great night.
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Poor Tootsie, all bundled up! She isn't looking happy, you are right! But good news the chemo if over for a few weeks now. Time for her to get a bit stronger again and enjoy being a loved little doggie! Try not to get too tired from work, today is the chat and Snowy prepared us things to do! Still have to scan some pics from childhood. Hope I will make it in time. "See"you in the chat.
Hugs