Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Great Day For A Protest March

October 19, 2008

What a great day for a protest march!! Dee, Kevin, Jazz, Tootsie and I took part in the protest march in Groton to raise awareness of our children's plight. There was quite a nice large group of families and friends who showed up to march, and a lot of them were able to bring their child along to be a part of the march.

It's a nice feeling when a lot of concerned friends and families can pull together to make a point. Even Representative Bob Hargraves showed up, spoke with everyone, and marched right along with us. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you Representative Hargraves.

I'm going to post a few of the photos that I took today. You won't see me, I'm propping up the camera. After that, Tootsie and I are going to grab a snack and a cold bottle of water, and turn in to watch some TV. I forgot Tootsie's leash today, so she got to ride the whole march in her stroller. Not that she minded, of course. I'm off.

Hugs, Edna B.

Representative Bob Hargraves (center)speaking, before
we start the march.















Next, we are marching down Main Street. The red jacket is my grandson- he's pushing Tootsie's stroller, in front of him (Red Sox jacket) is my daughter and granddaughter.















This is a view of some of us on the return part of the march. Note the beautiful fall colors in the photos. Gorgeous.















Last, here is another view of all of us returning to Seven Hills. After the march, we were able to spend a nice visit with my Laura.

No comments: