Tuesday, August 26, 2008

How Do They Do It?

August 26, 2008

First, let me say my apologies, but I will have to take care of the tagging tomorrow. Today was a very busy day, a lot of it spent outside helping clean out the shed. Three and a half hours of it went to making previews for "Cactus Sunset" elements.

Can you believe how long it takes to package up pieces of a kit? How do others do it? First I figure out how large the file is, then how many folders do I need, then I make the previews. This is where I spend most of my time. Maybe because I set each piece on the background, check for blending and shadows etc, move and rotate for best placement, tag and save along with a smaller version for showing on the blog. If there's an easier way to do this, please someone tell me.

Tonight I'll share a new layout with you. I used a very pretty kit by Helen Ohrenhofer (GDS), called "Lavender Fields Weekend Getaway." The kit was a bonus for participating in her challenges at GDS. Subject is what I did this summer for fun. Put on shorts, grab a chair and my camera, pick a great spot, and shoot, shoot, shoot pictures of nature.

Now it's time to spoil Tootsie for a while. She has been so patient while I ignore her so that I can do some work and play on the computer for a while. Got to love this little darling.

Hugs, Edna B.



1 comment:

Nani said...

I completely agree with you that the preview and packaging and distributing of th kits takes the most time! Then if you don't have a store, freebies only, you have to promote. I guess you still have to promote if you have a store to, but your promotion is more your every day blog and participating in the scrapbook community than "pounding the cyber pavement!"

Neat layout! I LOVE blue and green together and those shades f them are perfect! I also love anything with flip flops on it from a layout to my feet! :)