Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Deanne

July 2, 2008

Today is my middle child's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEANNE. Tootsie and I stopped by to visit with her and her hubby and kids. They have a little chihuahua named Sassy, rightly so. She's a very sassy little darling. But today, she and Tootsie got along quite well together.

It's been one of those weeks so far. Last night I was running the air conditioner to cool down my little computer room. However, it was giving off a nasty smell so I had to shut it off. I assumed the motor was burned out, and thought I would have to buy a new one.

When I related this predicament to Miss Audrey, she asked me when I had last cleaned the filter. What filter?? There's one in my AC? I looked, and guess what? I found a filter! It must have had half an inch of "packed in good" dirt and dust on it. After scraping it with a toothbrush, and washing it with Green Simple, I ended up with a white - see through filter. Well, now. don't that beat all!! I washed out the AC and put the filter back. It not only works great, but there's no smell.

Then, this afternoon it started raining. I heard an ungodly noise on my metal window awning, and looked out in time to see little white 1/2 inch balls of hail coming down and bouncing all over the place. Some got stuck between the screen and the frame on my storm door, so I took some pictures before they all melted.



The three round balls are hail. You can even see the water drip on the "white" one because it was warm out so they were melting fast. On the bright side, this morning I had some little birds come visiting. I really do love watching them.



I also had some fun working on a couple of new layouts. This one is for a challenge at Scraphead. We were supposed to make a layout with photos of persons enjoying cold summer desserts. I only have one photo of anyone eating ice cream. We used to have a nightly ritual, where Papa (my hubby) would have an ice cream, and share it with Earl Grey and Gonzo.

Enjoy the layout. Tootsie and I are off to watch some TV.

Hugs, Edna B.


No comments: